Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

April 25~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

 “I Will Arise”

Song of Soloman 2:10; Colossians 3:1-4; II Peter 1:19

To be risen with Christ is being dead to oneself, dead to worldly desires, dead to my own rights and dead to what I want to do, and alive to what I ought to do. Christ died for me, I have trusted Him in Salvation, I am His. He is risen for me, I trust in that, He is mine. He it is, that brings me out of worldliness and changes my desires; I no longer have to lay in the mud and dust of fleshly lust; pursuits of lasciviousness and carnal aspirations; I am risen with Him, and in Him! He tells me He loves me, and calls me His Beloved, I will arise and go to Him.

He says of His Beloved, that we are fair, lifts us up and makes the proclamation that we are beautiful, how then can I look for another to satisfy my longings? He constantly bids me to pull away from all other loves and selfish conduct to rise and go away with Him. How can I stay and love this that will vanish with the using? Vanity cannot hold anything, for it is no more than soap bubbles, here but for a fleeting moment and then vanishes quicker than it came.
I cannot stay in this wilderness of sin, my eyes can no longer behold it, my ears have heard enough, and my heart is no longer respondent to the beat of my fellows.

To rise up to you my Love, is to be set free from a lonely prison; to rise up with you my Dearest, is to set foot again on land that I’ve not seen for many days, while trapped in a raging storm. To be risen in you my Fragrance, is to lie among the sweet flowers in rest after toiling labor; rising with you in the closest communion, is my ultimate goal, desire and wish. Let me rise upward until the world has no drawing power at all\

“Molded”

You may say, a  stone  can’t  rise, 

Nor a handful of clay from drifting sand; 

But grace can kindle the inward fires,

When we give ourselves to His molding hand.

                                    ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“He tells me He loves me, and Calls me His beloved.”

Bible Reading Schedule: 1 Kings 9-11

Weekly Memory Verses: Romans 8:35-39  

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment