Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 9, 2023

April 9 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Weep For Yourselves”

Luke 23:27, 28

There was no music or fanfare when our Lord carried the cross up the hill. But there was some weeping and wailing to accompany Him, from those that loved Him. The others dispited Him, with cursing and mocking's, but some were saying; must He die this way? My mind goes back to that day, that was ordained and appointed by God, and I weep with them, as He bore my shame and reproach, through the crowded streets and to the hill far away where He suffered and died. His music was lamenting, His song was “The Old Rugged Cross,” and His cause was for you and I.

I sincerely grieve when I think of my sins being in the form of the whip that dug up His back, and the crown of thorns that gouged His precious brow. But I was saying, like the others, “Crucify Him! Crucify Him!” It was my sins that laid the cross upon His back, and I am overwhelmed with grief when I think of myself as being one in the crowd, that was no more than a murderer. But now I know, along with the women that loved Him, and showed their concern by weeping after Him, why I feel the way I do.

I look back into the scriptures and in my mind, and see Him restore the son of a widow lady back to life - And I also have been raised from death to life; With just a touch, Peters mother-in-law was healed of a fever-- But a greater miracle was performed on me, I was healed of my sins; he cast out seven devils, from Mary Magdalene -- but out of me came hundreds or more; many in the scriptures were paid visits, personally, such as Mary and Martha - but He lives in me all of the time; his mother was the gateway for Him into  this world -- but He is my hope of glory, getting out of it.

“That Better Land”

With gratitude and sorrow, I walk along and weep,

For in my heart I truly know, that He’ll forever keep.

I put the wounds. upon His back and in His precious hands,

But one day soon He’ll call for me, unto that better land.

                                                ~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“But he is my hope of glory.”

Bible Reading Schedule: 1 Samuel 25-27

Weekly Memory Verses: Luke 23:33-37 ~ 33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. 34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. 35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God. 36 And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar, 37 And saying, If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.


No comments:

Post a Comment