Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 1, 2023

March 31 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Healed By Hurt”

Isaiah 53:5

 In 1997, I stood on the original floor of Pilate's Hall, where my Saviour was beaten for me. As I listened to a young lady sing, my eyes fastened upon the stone floor where he stood for the scourging. My heart literally broke, as I pictured the cat of nine tails lashing across His back. The horrible instrument of punishment was made of rawhide wound together, with pieces of stone and bone bound in the strands. And as the guide was talking of all that took place that day, my mind was carried back, and the scriptures that I have read many times of His blood shed from the garden to Calvary, stormed over me and I slumped to the floor too weak to stand. 

I was overwhelmed as I could almost hear the whip coming down, and I could see the flesh being torn from His back. No doubt even those in the streets heard the cracking of the scourge as it slashed against the flesh to the bone and pulled away pieces of flesh and the blood dripped out of His precious body and splattered on the floor. As, no doubt, His mother wept and the disciples bowed their heads, they dared not intervene, for this was to be. I was carried back to that day, and was reminded, it was I also that helped put the whip to His back and mocked Him there. It was I that may as well placed the crown of thorns upon His head and laid the cross upon His plowed back; For it was my sins that brought Him to this hour, the hour of suffering, the hour of love that surpasses all knowledge. My heart is yet melted, as I think on that day, grief overtakes me that I can hardly yet stand, but love arrests me, and I bow my heart in thanksgiving.

“Thankful”

May I awake  every  morning, With a picture of your bleeding self; And thinking on how much I cost you,

May it be my strength and wealth.

-Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“....They dared not intervene, for this was to be....”

Bible Reading Schedule: Ruth 1-4

Weekly Memory Verses:

Romans 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26  ¶Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. KJV


No comments:

Post a Comment