Total Pageviews

Friday, April 21, 2023

April 21 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“It’s A Personal Thing” 

Job 19:25; Daniel 3:17; I John 5:13; II Timothy 1:12

Though his flesh was suffering, and Job lost everything that was dear to him, he yet could say with assurance that, “My Redeemer Liveth.” God   was very personal to Job, He was alive and doing well, and Job could talk to Him, and God, by way of the holy Spirit, could speak to and through Job.

The three Hebrew children, facing the fiery furnace, said with much boldness and confidence, “...our God whom we serve, is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of thine hand, Oh King.” They had faith in believing that He was the living God, and on this they stood firmly.

Do you have faith, child of God? Do you believe and know that Jesus lives in you and that you can cast yourself upon Him, by faith in His redeeming power? By faith you can say, “My Redeemer liveth, and there is something else we can say with confidence--” I know.” Many people say, “I hope so, I think so, or I trust so,” that sounds fairly comfortable, but you have not yet fully committed to the responsibility of “knowing so.”

The if’s and but’s of doubts are killers to your stability as a devoted follower of Christ, and your faith will waver constantly; And when hard trials come you will crumble and fall. Your peace and comfort is in knowing Christ, not just knowing about Him. When we have it settled that Christ lives for us, dark is not dark anymore; the night is not full of eerie ghosts of doubt and uncertain sounds but is fully illuminated with His presence.

 “I Know”

He lives! I know, I know - That I know! He’s mine! I can grow, grow and grow!

The only limits I have are mine, By faith I know, and will ever shine.

-Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Your peace and comfort is in knowing Christ.”

Bible Reading Schedule: 1 Kings 1-2

Weekly Memory Verses: 1 John 1:5-10 

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6  If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.


No comments:

Post a Comment