Total Pageviews

Monday, December 26, 2022

December 26, 2022 ~ Devotions: "The Light of the World"

And so, I continue. . . . . 


That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works.
  Psalms 26:7 KJV

Ephesians 5:8-11 ~ 11 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. KJV  

No Christians are not being mean, full of righteousness for their sake when they don't want to be around behavior which is forbidden by God as a Christian. We are just obeying God as told in these verses. It is not that we do not love people that have certain vices in their lives, but God has told us clearly ". . .have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness. . ." and on top of that we are to ". . .reprove them." We will attend the special occasion, and we will not brow beat our loved ones with the Gospel, we don't need to. You have heard, you have seen, and you know that you are unsaved and are living in the darkness mentioned above. You may not think it wrong to curse every other word that comes out of your mouth, but it offends me. You may think it now wrong to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, but I don't want to be around you when you do. And maybe you think it's okay to be cruel and hurt others just because you can, and you like bullying people. But I don't. 

Listen, it isn't because I don't love you, it is because I love the Lord more and that I am commanded to ". . .reprove them." And it isn't that I think I am better than you or that I don't know about those things. Sadly, I used to live there. BUT one day, God got a hold of my soul and made me see that as a Christian, I had to make changes in my life. I am so thankful He never gave up on me, and He will never give up on you, until that day when He sends His son to; "go get your bride" and all of Heaven will open in glory to receive all saved, born again, Christians. Then that day will be too late to hear your pleas - "I'm sorry, don't leave me, come back, I'll serve you Jesus, Help me!" No, it will be too late. Every knee shall bow and confess He is Lord, but if you are not ready for that day, it will be too late.

Make today the day that you give your soul to the Lord in complete obedience. As my husband always says, "It is one thing to be saved, it is an entirely different thing to follow after Jesus!" Today is my birthday, I am now 72 years old. . .how about a special gift for me in honor of our Lord. Let me know you got saved, decided to serve the Lord completely, and have committed yourself, children, spouse to God for the same purpose.  We love you all!  

Tom and Linda Milam

"HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!"

1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

 The Light of the World is Jesus

The whole world was lost in the darkness of sin,
The Light of the world is Jesus!
Like sunshine at noonday, His glory shone in.
The Light of the world is Jesus!
 

Come to the light, 'tis shining for thee;
Sweetly the light has dawned upon me.
Once I was blind, but now I can see:
The Light of the world is Jesus!

If you don't know Him, come to Him today! 

Philippians 2:16 

 Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

1 comment:

  1. On 6/22/74 I was given the best Gift God has ever given me is eternal life found in Jesus. Hallelujah what a Savior. All for Jesus. John 3:16-18 changed my life. It was for ME.

    ReplyDelete