Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

December 6, 2022 ~ Devotions: "The Light of the World"

 And so, I continue. . . . . 

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works.  Psalms 26:7 KJV

Psalms 36:7-9 ~ How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. 8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.  9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. KJV

David surely knew how to praise the Lord, and I am grateful that his praises have forever been recorded in the Book I love so much. His heart thoughts came through loud and clear today as I read again of his love and devotion to God. O how it thrills my soul and makes me realize I have a lot of praising yet to do! Psalm 36 A wonderful display of the goodness of our loving God. David begins lamenting about the plight he is in, but it is done in such a way that God is getting all the praise and glory. As David expounds on the "lovingkindess" of God, and the fact that He is the great provider of life and will sustain us and keep us in our need; David is just coming out of a hard place. But he reveals in his psalm that God's sustenance and light only seals the fact that He Loves us! How can we do anything less, than to love Him with all our hearts, minds, and souls. Even in our darkest hours, He is there. In our victories, He is there, in our lonely hours, He is there. We can be thankful for the fact, as Christians, He has promised He will never leave us nor forsake us!  

Bless the Lord O my soul. He is my guiding light, He is My provider, He is my comfort, He is my Love, He is my friend, He is my God, and I love Him so much. He is everything and all things and always will be. So, in these hard times Tom and I face in these next 3 weeks, we know He has the solution and for every issue of life and in particular for us, our mission home in Florida. We are trusting in Him for all things in our lives and know He is in control. I know when I get my reminder of this post one year from today - I'll be able to testify of the Goodness of God! 

Please pray with us.

The Light of the World is Jesus

The whole world was lost in the darkness of sin,
The Light of the world is Jesus!
Like sunshine at noonday, His glory shone in.
The Light of the world is Jesus!

Come to the light, 'tis shining for thee;
Sweetly the light has dawned upon me.
Once I was blind, but now I can see:
The Light of the world is Jesus!

If you don't know Him, come to Him today!


Tom & Linda Milam

Missionaries to America 
and around the world
May we be faithful to be your 
Philippians 2:16 Missionaries.

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Lord, help us to be worthy of Your sacrifice, securing our souls with the Light of Your life and sacrifice.  May Your light shine in and through us as our reasonable service to You. Save the lost, encourage the saints please.  And help us to be wise, studied up, aware, and faithful to You, giving YOU all of our best with an open loving heart for the ministry and people. Help us Lord, to be wise in our homelife and all that is going on with that. Thank You in advance, Lord, for working out our situation for a home in FL. I pray for those who pray for us and are a help to us in this time of need. May we be used by You and obedient in all ways. We know You are our Great Provider, and we can't thank You enough. We thank You Lord for Your wonderful mercy in Tom's eyes and ask that You would heal him completely or at least allow the drug to work. We love You Lord and thank You for first loving us. Amen.  




1 comment: