Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

November 8, 2022 ~ Devotions: "The Grace of Giving"

And So, I Continue . . . . . .  

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.   Psalms 26:7 KJV

Psalm 111:4-6 6 He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion. 5 He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant. 6 He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.

We have recorded in the pages of our Bible God's amazing love, grace, power, forgiveness, mercy, and promises. His entire desire for His creation of men was to have pleasure in them. It is also impossible for Him to fellowship with those who have never accepted His greatest love gift to man, Jesus Christ. Christ took on every sin man had or will have, because He loved us so much. God is holy and cannot look upon sin, thus the shedding of the precious blood of Jesus. His blood covers the wickedness that was in our lives - for when we accepted Jesus, His blood hid all of that from God. The compassion and love of God we will never be able to fully comprehend, but I know that I know that I know that I know, HE LOVES ME, AND HE LOVES YOU! His promises and covenant will not change.

He is powerful and strong, yet He is gentle and kind. I am so thankful that I know Him through and by the sacrifice of His Son. How about you?  How is your relationship with the One Who gave His all for you? You may have a head knowledge of Jesus, many do. In fact, Jesus' name is the most called upon name in the world. Ask anyone in any nation, who is Jesus? They will tell you something about Him.  I sure would love to have His reputation. I want to be known as a Christian, not just by word but also in deed.  What does the psalmist say in verse six? "6 He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered:" It isn't about WORKS for the Christian it is our testimony of the graciousness of God and His compassion on us, His people.

You might say, I know Him, I am a member of "such and such" church. I know Him, I give to the poor and do many 'good' things. I know him, I give money to the church, needy, and poor. I know Him I sing in choir, teach Sunday school and read my Bible.  None of these things will get you to heaven.  There is ONLY ONE way to enter Heaven!  God gave His Son out of mercy and grace for all people. His sacrifice must be one we recognize as worthy above all. But you can't get to heaven with all this head knowledge. I'll use my husbands for sure way you can KNOW you are going to heaven by quoting John 3:16. 

I'll ask you to PUT your name where the underlined words are and believe with all your heart that Jesus died for you and me, and that He was born of a virgin, lived, died, resurrected, and ascended into heaven to prepare a home for all that believe on Him. He did all of that! You don't have to pray to a saint, a statue, or on beads, or any other way. When you bow your head humbly taking Jesus as your Saviour, who saves you from hell and the home of satan, you now have direct access to the throne of God.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

When you read that verse and repent of your sins and put your name where I have underlined and believe with all your heart that God has saved you, HE WILL.  But don't stop there, tell someone what you did, then you become a witness for God and His Son. Then please don't stop there. Find you a good Bible Believing, Preaching, local church and GO. Get baptized and fulfill your decision by serving God today and every day. If you took the free gift of salvation from the Lord, won't you let Tom, or I know. We want to help you in serving the Lord.  You will never regret your decision. He died for you before you were. Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Lord, help us to be wise, studied up, aware, and faithful to You. Amen.

With love and prayers,
LKMilam

May we be faithful to be your Philippians 2:16 Missionaries. 

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam
Missionaries to America
and around the world




No comments:

Post a Comment