Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 24, 2022

November 24, 2022, ~ Devotions: "The Grace of Giving"

 And So, I Continue . . . . . .

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works.  Psalms 26:7 KJV

Romans 12:4, 8 ~ 12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.  KJV

What a wonderful message for Thanksgiving Day! It is NOT about us at all, it is all about God!  We are all made to serve the Lord. Did you know that? We were made for HIS PLEASURE! All things were made and created for His pleasure. 

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

He created man for one purpose, to pleasure Him and serve Him. Yet, He instilled in us the ability to make choices and knowing we would not always make good choices, He made a Way that we could be saved from our sin, through Jesus Christ, His Son. Sometimes I am a complete failure.  I hurt the ones I love the most, I disobey God in the most ridiculous ways, I am a disappointment to some, I am in some ways right up there with Paul; 1 Timothy 1:15  This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

But there is one thing I know. That no matter what I have done or not done, no matter where I have gone or haven't gone, no matter the path I take, I cannot separate myself from God.  He is my Lord, and His Son became my Saviour. On August 13,1968 I bowed my wretched head and accepted the free gift of salvation!  I traveled many a mile knowing I was saved yet did not live for Him and Him only. I committed sin upon sin either by ignorance or willfully, but He was waiting for me. He did not leave me nor forsake me! He brought me to the cross for my GOOD and HIS pleasure. I thank Him and praise Him for allowing me to live a great life and if He were to take me today, I have the assurance of heaven. Even though I would be leaving ones in life I love the most, I know His will, will be done in my life! He forgave ALL my sins. People may not have forgiven me, and for that I will always be sorry. But THE ONE that means the most to me, has forgiven me. This forgiveness, salvation, and peace can be had by every soul. Just Call upon Him Who is patiently waiting. He loves us so much! 

We are blessed beyond measure to be able to reach our local community and beyond with the Word sharing the glorious Gospel of God's only begotten Son for the sole purpose of the salvation of mankind. The radio station and the printing ministry has an outreach beyond anything we can imagine. As we serve in these ministries, we realize we could not do what we do without the love, prayers, and financial support from those who believe in us. May God give you all a special blessing for your faithfulness in your giving for Him.

This Thanksgiving as last year, is going to be a little different. We are gathering at one of our grandchildren's home, Jared and Brie, and their twin boys are the hosts and hostess this year! I don't have a Turkey roasting in my oven, pies and desserts lined up on the buffet, all those wonderful sides smelling our house up getting ready for all the family.  Not this year. As our families have grown through marriages, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren we realize we are getting older, and we are ready to pass the mantle to the younger ones. Those times when everyone gathered up at Papa and Grandma's house, are fewer and farther between. We thank the Lord for all the years we have had with them under our roof.  God has been exceptionally good to us!

And how can I not say thank you to all of our wonderful friends scattered around the world. You are our blessings, and we thank you for always for being a part of our lives in any capacity! God is truly good to these old missionaries. Thank you all.

Have a wonderful, blessed day! May God be your every blessing.

Tom and Linda

Missionaries to America 
and around the world

Lord, help us to be worthy of your sacrifice, may we be the ultimate givers, giving from the heart and hope that others might see Jesus in us.  Please, save the lost and help us to be wise, studied up, aware, and faithful to You, giving YOU all of our best with an open loving heart for the ministry and people. Amen.


May we be faithful to be your Philippians 2:16 Missionaries. 

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment