Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2022

October 27, 2022 ~ Devotions: "Harvest"

  And So I Continue . . . . . .  

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and 
tell of all thy wondrous works.   Psalms 26:7  

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25


Do any of us plant a garden of fruit, vegetables, flowers and expect to harvest thorns? No, of course not. And when we got saved, and the Holy Spirit indwelled us, did we realize that the "works of the flesh" would no longer be welcome or a part of our lives? I have to admit when I got saved, I didn't know anything about the Bible, Church, Sunday School, praying; all those things that grow a new Christian. I didn't realize, as Paul tells us here, that my new 'harvest' would be from the Holy Spirit indwelling and that my hate would turn to love, my unhappiness to joy, my scrambled mind to peace, that my inability to be patient would be longsuffering, that my hardness to others would turn to gentleness, that my faith in God would be complete. 

I didn't realize that the old self would be made new! 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. I just knew that something amazing had happened to me. I knew that I would never go to hell, I mean never. I trusted God with all that I was. Then I began a long journey. . . sometimes I was weak, I let the old affections and lusts rule over my heart. . . God was working on me. I learned to know, in the end however, that no matter what I did, where I went, who I was with, that God was keeping me for a 'day'. He was preparing me in every way for the walk that I walk today. No, I am not perfect, that will come with my entry into heaven and my departure from earth, but I have the assurance that He loves me and He will never leave me. Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Do you have a Spiritual Harvest or are you still "living in the flesh" - walking in your old path, and shunning the new one God has carved out just for you? What caused you to stop going to church? Reading your Bible? Witnessing of the marvelous love of Christ Who died so that all may be free from the clutch of the devil.  Do you remember when you got saved? Do you remember the Holy Spirit calling you in your spirit? Did you make a decision to take Christ as your Saviour, and then do nothing else? If you are saved and not surrendered, you can change that path right now.  Trust Him, He loves us so much He sent His Son to die for us.

May our harvest be from the Holy Spirit. Tell someone about the wonderful Saviour Who can meet every need in everyone's life.  I sure am glad someone told me. May He give the weary, strength. The lost salvation, the unloved peace, the down and out hope.  May God bless each one of you in a special way today and when He does, make sure you proclaim the wondrous miracle in your life.

With love and prayers,
LKMilam

Linda K Milam
Missionary to America and Around the World









No comments:

Post a Comment