Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

October 25, 2022 ~ Devotions: "Harvest"

 And So I Continue . . . . . .  

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and 
tell of all thy wondrous works.   Psalms 26:7  

Luke 12:16-21) 16And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.


    There are many people in our world today that are just like this rich man, spoken about by Jesus. Their sole interest is how much wealth THEY can amass, and yet it is never enough to share with those in need. If they never change, by the acceptance of Jesus as their Saviour, they will end up in the same place that this rich man is then and now for an eternity in hell! The moment he declared to his own soul that he could take his ease for all the bounty he had would suffice, is the day the Lord required his soul. The day will come when judgment will be given, and punishment will be delivered, just as it was delivered to the rich man.  May God help us to ever love and serve God with all of our heart, mind and soul.  It is He that will deliver us from this evil of greediness.

    May our eyes be open always to those who are in need. May God forgive us, if we lose sight of the needy in body and soul! We have so much, why is it so difficult to share.  You may say, "I do give, share of my bounty!" But is it just giving because you have a certain amount or is it sacrificial giving.  

    Sometimes we may hurt to give, but our GOD is faithful in providing for us.  He will replace what you give, and abundantly so that you can continue giving as HIS emissary.

    Praying that God will give us His merciful hand and guidance till He come again! ~LKMilam

Linda K. Milam


No comments:

Post a Comment