Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2022

Beauty ~ From a Child's Perspective ~ LKMilam


I wrote this about 8 years ago and it popped up in my devotions today. Our Aubree is 14 now and growing into a beautiful young lady! She is such a joy to me and her Papa and so many others, especially for her mother; it is so amazing to see her turn into a precious child of God through her daily walk. Pray with us that God would protect her from the snares of the devil.  We love her so much!

It's getting a little harder to make beauty as the world sees out of this 71 soon to be 72-year-old face. But that isn't my concern so much as to the beauty of Christ in my life.  I trust you might find some words of encouragement in this post. Whether you are a woman or a man, God should be first in our lives, and His beauty will shine through our worldly looks.  Be blessed!

"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30

Have you heard about the little boy who asked his mother why she was putting on cold cream. She replied that she was making herself beautiful. When she went to take off the cold cream the little boy wanted to know what the matter was. Was she giving up? That little boy misunderstood the art of becoming beautiful. Sometimes we as Christians need to be reminded of God's way of becoming beautiful in Christ.

"...a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30. I don’t seek praise for myself but by God's grace, I can show the glory of the Lord in my life and through my life and because of Him, He is to be praised!

In the usual busy life we lead, I sometimes leave the house without powder on my nose or lipstick on my lips, or my hair brushed just so. For most women this is a norm for the day. We should clean up, fix our face up, before we head out the door. When I don't do this procedure at home – I plan to do it when I reach the office.

On one such occasion, I left the house with no makeup. No one said anything; not my dear husband or grandchildren, not even Bro. Wayne Corfman. No one said a word! Until I took a moment to put my makeup on while no one was around. One thing about beauty is that it is a daily thing. In other words, we have to keep ourselves up every day. You can’t put your makeup on, on “Sunday” and expect it to stay all week with no effort. The same goes for our Christian lives. If I forget my “makeup” and let myself go, what happens? You might get comments like this one.

I had put my makeup on and was sitting in my office at my computer when Aubree (our youngest granddaughter) walked in. She stopped suddenly and said, “Grandma!” Of course, I looked right at her and said, “What? What is the matter?” “Grandma, you are beautiful!” Wow, how that thrilled my heart so. She thinks Grandma is beautiful. I immediately said thank you and she sweetly came over and gave me the biggest hug ever, and as she leaned in to hug me up close, in her sweetest voice ever, she whispered in my ear, “Grandma, you need to wear makeup every day, cause when you don’t you aren’t as beautiful. But I love you both ways!” I hugged her up tight and told her I would try to do that, and she said, “Good cause you have to look good for Papaw and for us girls. Love you Grandma!” and off she went!

This morning as I was studying, this little incident came to my mind! We are not quite so beautiful anymore are we, unless we wear a little makeup - ladies? Age, time, schedules, environments, life – all contributors. If we want to be “beautiful” in the eyes of our grandchildren and others, we have to work at it.

It is the same with being beautiful in Christ. We have to constantly work at it. The Lord loves us whether we are living for Him or not as Aubree said, “I love you both ways,” but we should desire to be all that we can in the way of beauty for the Lord. Beauty of the Heart! These are some verses that might help us to improve our beauty in Christ.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9) ~ We need to "cleanup" In order to make ourselves beautiful inside, we have to first cleanse ourselves of all unwanted impurities (sin). Our cleansing cream works through our confession and God's forgiveness. We want to keep ourselves in a constant mode of wanting to be as beautiful for the Lord as we can. He is “. . . faithful and just. . .” to forgive us of the impurities (sin) in our lives.

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference." (Jude 21,22) I don’t use “moisturizer” in my makeup process, but others do. However, when I think of what moisturizer does to the skin, I realize it makes it softer, more pleasing to the touch. We can apply this to our Christian lives by showing compassion to others, it will keep our hearts softened up; compassion is a good moisturizer. When we start seeing others and their needs instead of our own it can really soften us up! It will make us more “moldable” and useable for the Lord’s work.

"But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." 1 Peter 3:4 ~ I don’t know about you, but when I am having an off day – it reflects in my face/life. I begin to frown, wrinkles. I show a bad attitude; wrinkles, I lose my temper; wrinkles. I probably needs some "Wrinkle Cream" I must learn to control my “wrinkles” by applying the ointment of Christ in my life. It is important for us to smooth out the wrinkles of life by applying a meek and quiet spirit.

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalms 119:11 The Word of God is the best "foundation" for a Christian? It is all the foundation we need so that we can apply the rest of our spiritual make-up.

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" 1 Corinthians 6:19.  When we apply our "eye makeup" it is a symbol of keeping our eyes shining the brightest we need to guard them from seeing things that are not fitting of a beautiful Christian - in Christ. What goes in the “eye gate” stays in the mind. God will help us if we call on Him. I don’t want to see the unclean things of the world, but as Christians we are compelled to GO, and BRING them in. Who are the “them”? All those who do not know the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour. And when I go, my eye gate does see things that are not fitting for the Christian, and to be honest they are not fit for anyone except the devil and his demons. Guard what your eyes are exposed to for the cause of Christ.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24. As we apply our "lipstick" – I think of the words that come out of my mouth. Are they pleasant, pleasing to the Lord and all those around me. I must guard my lips. It will be most beneficial to me, as well as to others. I have learned, it is easier to keep my lips sealed when I am in a difficult conversation. Responding to someone because they are angry or unkind will only defeat the purpose of keeping myself clean and pure before others, and in most cases will only allow that person to continue their harmful behavior to me. Instead respond in kindness, if you must respond at all, God will take care of the rest.

"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." (Rom 5:5) ~ When we allow God’s love to shine through us, we are radiating his beauty and love. I want to be like Christ – a shining example to others Blushing beauty.

I hope these few words will help in your Christ like walk. I know they have made me think more on my inner beauty for Christ. It is our prayer to be a help and a blessing to any and all that long for Heaven. If you are not sure if you are going to heaven, please contact us and we will make sure you know the Christ we know.

Lord, help us to be wise, studied up, aware, and faithful to You. Amen.

With love and prayers,
LKMilam

May we be faithful to be your Philippians 2:16 Missionaries. 

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam







No comments:

Post a Comment