Total Pageviews

Friday, April 20, 2018

“It’s Not Too Late to Make a Difference In Our Generation!” ~ Dr. H Tom Milam


“It’s Not Too Late to Make a Difference In Our Generation!”

(What will be said of us in our latter years?) (How will I die?) (Ps. 71:18) What will our children and grandchildren remember about us? (Did we plant right seeds for right memories?) What will be said of me at my Death?
Was I:

1.   Working or Whining? (Ephesians 4:12) “For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.”
          a.  Did I show an example of maturity (Rom. 12:1-2)?

          b.  Did I teach them enough how to serve in the ministry? (Eph. 5:11) “And having no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.”
          c.  Did I endeavor to motivate anyone “to keep the unity of the Spirit. . .” (Eph. 4:13 “In the bond of peace?” Did I work or whine!
Was I:

2.   Climbing or Contentious? (Joshua 14:12) Caleb said, at “85 years” young: “Give me that mountain!” While others wandered and complained.  Did I spend my time Fighting The Good Fight of Faith, or did I go around “Picking a fight” (Numbers 12 and 14), and here is God bragging on His servant Caleb?  (He wholly followed God!)
          a. Test Time: (Num. 13:20) (1.) Courage (2.) Wholly follow the Lord. (Did I show Holy Boldness in my walk as a Christian?)

          b. Tidings: (NEWS) – An intelligence report – Sounds like God wanted them to tell the “TRUTH!” Good News. Are we telling what God says about the: The Old Book; The New Birth; The Blood and the Blessed Hope?      “. . .and glorious appearing?”
          c. Temptations: They came back boasting of the Grapes of Eshcol, and the whole land flowing with milk and honey . . . . But, there was a price to pay: (1) Giant killing would have to be done: (2) Strong people looking for a Fight; (3) Large cities with walls around them! The Complainers caused a meltdown among the people and the word spread to where people just got tired of hearing it and said, “do whatever you want, we are tired of hearing the drama!”  So they chose them a Captain to lead them back into Egypt. (Gal. 5:7) “Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth.” (vs. 8) “This persuasion cometh not of Him that calleth you.”

          d. A Turning Away: All those above 20 years turned their backs on Gods will and commands, but Joshua and Caleb wholly followed God and rent their clothes in (Numbers 14:6-9). And turned it all over to God. (Num. 14:24) “God said, Caleb had another spirit; followed me fully; him will I bring into the land where into he went, and his seed shall possess it.”
Was I:

3.  Depending or Depressed? (Jn.  13:23) Jesus said in vs. 21, “. . . One of you shall betray me.” As the disciples looked around at one another, they saw “. . .leaning on Jesus bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.” You will find as you study, that was John the beloved.

          a. Did I stay close Enough to hear Him Whisper? (Prov. 3:5) “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”

          b. Did I hear Enough to challenge those that would listen? (Mt. 6:33-34) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

          c. Did I Call Out and Trust Enough That Another Might Be Stirred and Changed? (Jer. 33:3) “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”

Was I:
4. Determined or Disappointed? (Phil. 3:10) “That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto His death.”

          a. Could they clearly see where my affections were set? (Col. 3:2) “Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth.”
          b. Did I show them God’s Endearing Love? (Col. 3:15-16) “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. (vs. 16) “And let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs; singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”

          c. Did I leave with them a sincere testimony of longing to get God’s Best? (vs. 23-24) “And whatsoever Ye do, do it heartily as unto the Lord and not unto man. Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.” Did they: See Him Clearly; Serve Him Dearly; Love Sincerely?

5. Faithful Or Fallen? (1 Cor. 4:2) “Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” (Not only service but substance). Not as I deem necessary to give or live, but to realize the need is the call for action of giving what I have, and who I am!

          a. Did I Give Without A Grudge? (2Cor. 9:7) “Every man according as he purposeth in his HEART, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” (Joyfully Hilarious)

          b. Did I Grudge (complain) About Why Or Why Not Others Did or Did Not Give; Service or Substance? Humility: (James 5:9) “Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.” (1 Pet. 5:6) “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:” (vs. 7) “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”

          c. Did I Go Beyond Myself In Hospitality? (Did I Love Without Return”) (1 Pet. 4:9) “Use hospitality one to another without grudging.” (vs. 10b) “. . . as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” (May I finish my time a trophy of grace!) 
Dr. Tom Milam
Missionary Evangelist to America
Phil. 2:16

No comments:

Post a Comment