Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 8, 2018

". . .therefore will I call upon him as long as I live." ~ Linda K. Milam

". . .therefore will I call upon him as long as I live."  Psalms 116:2b

Although, I please my Lord when I call on Him, I am the one who benefits from our relationship.  In Galatians 5:22, Paul writes  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,"

When I think of this verse and all the wonderful positive attributes Paul calls out, I realize that with my prayer time, the Holy Spirit delivers these.  I have called out in anger over some horrible hurting situation and asked God WHY! But I didn't benefit from that approach.  Instead, when I humble myself before my Holy God in prayer, I am blessed beyond measure.  He loves me!  He REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, loves me and I KNOW it.  He shows Himself and His love every single solitary day of my life!

As His child, He wants to bless me with love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, and so much more.  I have his guidance, wisdom, hope and I gain a deeper and closer relationship with Him every time I kneel before Him in prayer.  I want that.  Those are my most important times of the day.  I can then go to Him with my concerns and prayer requests for others, who cannot pray.  The sick, the hurting, the lonely, the needy! I want God to meet others needs through my submission to Him in prayer!  Don't you?

You may say, I do pray, but do you PRAY! My husband always says that it usually takes him 10 - 15 minutes of prayer time, before he can really pray.  Most people say they don't have the time! My 'To do List' is always longer than my day. How can I fit in that much prayer time?  Maybe we should check up on our list.  Are we doing what's important in our day - or only what is urgent at the time. GUILTY! I want to please my Lord in all my ways, but I must start my day in prayer, in between my tasks pray, at the end of the day pray, before I sleep pray! 

We will do what we want to do.  All of us have choices to make and when we don't make time for God in our day,  we are not making time in our lives for the most important relationship in our lives.  He loves us, and He gave His only Son for our salvation.  He wants to know you personally.  He wants you to KNOW HIM!

Maybe you are that prayer warrior who is forever before the Lord with your petitions, praise, thankfulness, and confessions. Pray that others would do the same.  Time with our Heavenly Father is never wasted. If we spend time with God when we start our day, refreshed and ready, God will meet our needs.

There is no set time to pray.  I pray all day long off and on.  I don't necessarily have to be in a room alone (although I think this quiet prayer time is where I am most benefited) but you can pray in school, at work, on the road, at home - and I pray about everything. 

Let me challenge you.  I like challenges.  They keep my feet to the fire, so to speak :) - If you are not already spending time with God each day, make today the day that you decide that you will do that.  Try it for one whole month, don't fail. I know that you will be the benefactor of God's great blessings.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Pray for Tom and I as we serve the Lord apart.  Our hearts are at peace with God's guidance in our lives, but we do miss being together.

Have a BLESSED and prayer-FULL day.

Linda K. Milam

Tom & Linda Milam
Missionaries to America
Phil. 2:16

No comments:

Post a Comment