Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Friends and Prayer ~ Linda K. Milam

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;  Colossians 1:9

Friends ~ I have a few that have been my friend for years, and then some not so long, but I call them my friend.  Time has a way of defining a true friend. The love between true friends does not dissipate over a period of time, either short or long. Many of my friends walk the walk I walk, with the Lord. Some do not. I pray for both equally.  Why? That is what a true friend does.  I take each one of them to the throne in prayer on a daily basis. For those that are saved, our love will continue for an eternity. For those who are not saved, the love will die one day.

From my own personal opinion, the more I pray for them, the more I love them. It is a way that I continue the bond of love and friendship. I may not see my friends often, but I know they are a call away, this is the bond we share equally.

Paul tells us of a true bond of friendship with a people he had never even met as he shares theses verses with us telling us he is praying for the Christians at Colosse.   Colossians 1:2-3  "2To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,"  If Paul can pray for those he had never met, can't we pray for those we have met?

Prayer is a way to strengthen my relationship with the LORD, and who better to pray for than my friends. I am so blessed to know that many of my friends pray for me on a daily basis.  If you don't have a prayer time that you can pray for others daily, why don't you start today.  Make it a habit to think on your friends and as you do ask God, in prayer, to:
  • fill them with spiritual wisdom and ask God to give them discernment with regards to His will for their lives.
  • to give them a desire to walk in a manner that is worthy of the Lord
  • to give them a burden to bear fruit in all their works and as they themselves, increase in the knowledge of God
  • to give them strength and power reaching for and attaining a steadfastness and patience in the Lord.
I want a right relationship with Christ, I desire also to have a right relationship with friends.  They are near and dear to my heart. But we can take it even further.  We could apply these same prayer suggestions to our husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, any family member. And we should.

There is no one better that we could model our prayer life after than Jesus Himself.  We cannot be just like Him, for He was perfectly sinless, but we can use the Word and example He gave us in the Bible regarding prayer, and make prayer a very present part of our lives.

Praying for you my friends and family.  I love you all.

Linda K. Milam

Tom & Linda Milam
Missionaries to America
Phil. 2:16


No comments:

Post a Comment