Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 3, 2021

"Make Haste" ~ Dr. Tom Milam

Fort Pierce, FL
Originally published in
Dr. Milam's book,
"Beside Still Waters"
 
“Make Haste!”
5-14-08 at Gallipolis, Ohio 
Is he never coming, cannot he see my trials? Why are his chariots so late? But God is making haste; delays are not denials. 
I have waited patiently, no thread of hope appears; will light break through, while life ebbs low? But God is making haste for you, despite the dimming woe. He’s on the wings of every hour, and charts your very years. 
Lazarus lays dying; his life is almost gone; why must time be so perfected? But God makes haste, yet not detected; the arrangement of time, though in a dark tomb; He’ll not be left alone. 
Our water is scarce- our provisions are failing, the enemy is proud and secure; why must we wait in fear? God is coming with haste, to make the victory clear: the tick of the clock will find its mark; the captain of hosts makes sure. 
More often, our patience, full gives out; God is never coming! But God haste’s to cease the numbing. To intervene too late, or entreat too soon, would only leave more doubt. 
Not one moment overdue, will the Lord come in; Come quicker Lord, I’m bending low, this load I cannot carry. I’m coming child, I’m on my way; I promise, I’ll not tarry!  I’ll haste I say, I’m on my way- I’ll be on time my friend.
“Lo, I come quickly!”  Is still true, though many years have passed; why not now accelerate? My hasting now would make many too late! I’m right on time, worry not; I’ll hold you oh, so fast.
 Your enemies boast themselves; our spirits faint for fear; men are sinking into perdition. Your hasting would change their condition. God’s time is right, he leads the fight; deliverance is very near. 
Eternal God made time for man, and therefore he controls it; But the fourth watch is breaking Lord! Still, God makes haste to get all aboard. As light quickly leaps from world to world, he’s on his way to make you fit. 
God makes haste, but not to waste; not too soon for education; he is never late; he’s near all the while; bending over, inclining his ear, is his style. Tender pity makes him haste-infallible wisdom makes him wait-all meant for our dedication. 
He is never late in intervention, all will change in a fleeting moment; but my soul is flying; I may only have an hour! Faster! Faster! Faster!  Come to me, show your healing power. Gods haste determines, but never demands; his rightness declares the best instant. 
-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment